Submission Deadline: Applications close at 5pm (AEDT) on Friday 10 March 2017
We are looking for big ideas that temporarily transform public and unusual spaces in the City of Sydney’s local area. We wish to engage, involve and inspire Sydneysiders, and seek creative projects that share this aim.
Ideas and proposals from all art disciplines are welcome including but not limited to visual artists, curators, performers, collectives, filmmakers, musicians, writers, composers, theatre companies, storytellers, producers, choreographers, architects, designers and anyone with a big creative idea that meets our creative brief.
We are looking for projects and installations that are:
- temporary works presented in a public or unusual space
- demonstrate artistic excellence
- involve or engage the audience in its development/presentation or both.
We are particularly interested in projects/works that focus on the following:
- participatory and immersive
- site specific/responsive
- storytelling/remixing history
- performance & live music
- street art/murals
- emerging artists & companies building their capacity
A number of projects will be supported, valued between $10,000 – $85,000. Budgets for the installation/project are to cover all costs for the presentation of the artwork.