The team at Springer have sent recent details of new releases that might be of interest to readers:
- New Directions in Teaching Theatre Arts, edited by Anne Fliotsos and Gail Medford, tracks recent developments in undergraduate theatre teaching;
- The Palgrave Handbook of Race and the Arts in Education, edited by Amelia M. Kraehe, Rubén Gaztambide-Fernández, and B. Stephen Carpenter II includes perspectives from contributors in Uganda, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, South Africa, the UK, and the US
- Applied Theatre: Understanding Change edited by K Freebody, M Balfour, M Finneran and M Anderson provides ‘an accessible understanding of the relationship between Applied Theatre and intent, success, and value’
- Educating for Creativity within Higher Education: Integration of Research into Media Practice authored by P. McIntyre, J Fulton, E. Paton, S Kerrigan and M Meany ‘proposes insights into how to prepare students for employment in the global creative industries’
- Traditional Musics in the Modern World: Transmission, Evolution, and Challenges, edited by Bo-Wah Leung, gives ‘international views on the transmission of traditional music from around the globe’
NiTRO would welcome reviews of these, or any broad tertiary creative arts texts, by scholars at DDCA member institutions.
NiTRO Contributor Danny Butt has also just officially launched his new book Artistic Research in the Future Academy. For those who missed the launch event and public lecture, a recording is available on YouTube.